Monday, January 31, 2011

In the Dark of Winter, a Rose still blooms

I never thought when I started this writing journey that I would lose my traveling companion. My husband of twenty years, the man of my dreams and my steady rock, passed away in August after a tragic work accident. I've spent these past few months mourning my loss, trying to stay enveloped in the warmth and support of family and friends. Nothing can replace my loss. I know that grief must finish its work in me. I read a quote that says, "In the midst of winter, I have found within me an invincible summer." I don't know who said it, but it is quite profound. It reminds me that in the winter of my grief, God's love is like a little rose pushing up through the snow, giving me hope that healing, like summer, will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment