Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Message of Hope

We all know someone who is facing serious illness or loss. It is the time of year when I tend to think of my own losses. My mom, who was a tremendous inspiration to me, passed away shortly after Halloween almost five years ago. Although I know she is in heaven, my heart aches with grief sometimes because she is gone.

The first book in the Legacy of Courage series is called, Courage to Hope. It is the story of Cara, a young widow who has suffered many losses. Her grandmother taught her about the Lord, but Cara made a bad marriage choice. After her grandmother died, Cara lost what little faith had been birthed in her heart. Now she is a widow and struggling to hold onto her farm. She has little hope for her future. I think we all know someone like that. They are facing something that is far more difficult than they can handle on their own. Like Cara, they don't have any hope that tomorrow will be better. Through the kindness of a hired hand, Cara finds the courage to hope in the goodness of God.


It is my prayer that the book will ignite a spark of hope in the hearts of those who read it. If the book has touched your heart, please pass it along to someone who needs a message of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment