Thursday, October 29, 2009

Yielding the Power of the Pen

A neat thing happened to me today. A reporter for the local paper interviewed me. She is going to write an article about me and my books. As we talked, she wrote, and I admit the curiosity of what she was writing got to me. I mean, I'm usually the one with pen in hand, taking notes. A couple of times she read back to me what she was writing, so I had some idea where she was going with the article. I'm nervous, wondering if anything I said will sound stupid when I see it in print. Will she make me sound interesting, boring, funny, weird? And how will people who read the article respond to it? Of course, I'm hoping some will be inspired to buy the books and read them, because of, or in spite of, what they read about me.

The article will come out next week or the following week. I'm anxiously anticipating the finished result, even though it was hard to yield the power of the pen to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment