Thursday, October 22, 2009

New Beginnings

This is my first attempt at blogging. I'm not quite sure how to do it, but I've read other blogs and wanted to try one. I've been writing stories since I was in second grade, and wrote in earnest in high school. My friends would read the stories during the day, and I would go home at night and write some more. Even some of my teachers enjoyed my stories. After high school, life got busy and I put aside my writing. In my late twenties, I was a stay-at-home mom with two young children and had time on my hands. I began to write again. Two years ago, a good friend read some of my stories and liked them. She wanted to get copies for her friends and family. So I checked into costs of self-publishing. I chose a local printer who prints and binds the books. They are not very fancy, but the people who have bought them like the stories. I have a contemporary series about a college student, a contemporary novel, and a historical series. So far, the historical series is the most popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment