Friday, November 27, 2009

article in local paper

I was pretty pleased with the article written about me for the local paper. It was complimentary to both myself and my books. The reporter read one of the books and gave a favorable review. I'm hoping that people in our community who read the paper will stop by the store where I'm selling the books and have a closer look. Of course, I'm hoping some will buy the books and begin reading them.

As I reflect on having a write-up about myself in the local paper, I realize that it is important to maintain a good Christian witness. When I do my banking, fill up my car with gas, pick up prescriptions or go to the grocery store, there may be people who recognize my name and face from the newspaper article. I hope to be a good representative of Christ, so that they won't feel that my books are a fraud.

And that holds true within my home as well. If I am writing about faith, hope, and love, I need to live out those values in my everyday life.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Trying this again without the typos) :-)

    Hi, Carol! I found your blog through the Grace Livingston Hill discussion group.

    I can relate to this post! I blog about inspiration & motivation, and write stories about people who live courageously. Many times I have to remind myself to *act* the way I write!

    Thank you for your thoughts, and good luck on your books! You could write a blog post about each of your books, and include information for buying them--that would be very cool!

    Best,

    ~Christine

    ReplyDelete